Support the planning applicationAs we have seen in the News those who oppose the development of onshore wind energy are always keen to make the loudest noise!
As pro-wind blogger Aeolus puts it, 'Remember the statistics. Put 100 people together in a room. Just three of them will be out-and-out raving anti-wind loonies. Seven will be mildly disapproving of windfarms. Four will admit that they just don't know. The rest - 88 out of the 100 [86 shurely? Ed.] - will be okay with windfarms, either totally in favour or not really bothered.'
If you are a member of that 'silent majority' this is your chance to make your voice heard!
To do so please:
- Visit the Argyll & Bute Council web page dealing with our planning application (link will open in a new Tab or Window in your browser)
- Complete the 'Make a Comment' form with your name and address details etc.
- Select the 'Stance' radio button to Support the application
- Add 'Your Comment' regarding the many merits of this scheme (lower CO2, community benefit, investment on Bute, potential visitor attraction etc)
- Submit the form. Your personal details are secure on the Council web site and cannot be accessed by this web site.
- If you are a Facebook user, please also Like Ascog Farm
You may also write in support of the proposals to:
- Planning Department, Argyll & Bute Council, Kilmory, Lochgilphead, Argyll, PA31 8RT quoting reference 12/02202/PP
Pass the message on to relatives and friends:
- Ideally relatives or friends would live on, regularly visit or otherwise have close connections with Bute but this is not a pre-requisite.
- Do not forget that everyone in a household or family (husband, wife, grandmother, grandfather, aunts, uncles and children) may comment individually and the more support we have the merrier - gather everyone around the computer and get them all to support the application!